Dentists are those particular medical practitioners who are especially engaged in curing our dental issues. It is also one of the great growing professions of developing nations including India. The reason for the growing demand for this profession as a dental practitioner is because professional dentists are highly paid.
Also, as a dentist Bayswater you can practice your business anywhere easily. So, if you are fascinated enough about teeth and want to build the right carrier, this article will guide you enough.
If you are willing to become a dental surgeon, then you must know that it will take lots of patience and a generous amount of time to become a successful professional dentist. Here in this article, we will guide you on how you can become a successful Dentist. Keep reading the entire article to learn step by step.
Eligibility of a Dentist Professional
- To become a successful Dentist you must pass your 10+2 examination and its equivalent degree with a combination of Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Your aggregate must be 50% in total and for some specially reserved boards, it must be 40% of the total number.
- You should have a valid and good NEET UG score.
- You must be of a minimum of 17 years of age to sit for the NEET UG exam. You are eligible to sit for this exam up to 25 years of age.
- You must go for courses like BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) which is an undergraduate program of 5 years.
- After completion of your BDS, you can go for an MDS degree to further specialize in this field.
- One year internship is also a must for a further MDS degree.
- Also, if you don’t want to opt for MDS, you can still get some short certification courses specializing in this field.
If you are eligible enough as per the above criteria, you can get your license as a dental practitioner from the Dental Council of India.
Jobs you get after completion of your study as a Professional Dentist
Once you get your license as a Dental Surgeon, you will get the following job options –
- You can practice as a Dental Surgeon for adults.
- You can practice as a Pediatric Dental Surgeon.
- You can become an Endodontist.
- You can choose to become an Orthodontist.
You can practice separately in some private or personal clinics and also you can work with nursing homes and medical facility centers directly.
Dental Courses that are available in India
Below we will share details of some top dental courses in India –
Bachelor’s Degree Dentistry Courses
After your 10+2 examination, you can go for the following dental courses for your bachelor’s degree-
- Bachelors of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Dentistry
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- BDS Honors Dentistry
- BSc Hons Advanced Dental Nursing
All of these courses will take 5 years of tenure to complete along with a 1-year internship program. Also, there are specific criteria for marks that may vary at different institutions at the time of admission.
Master Degree Dentistry Courses
After your Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned courses, you can go for any of the following Master’s Degree Courses –
- Master of Dentistry
- MSc Clinical Dentistry
- Master of Dental Science
- MSc in Dental Technology
- Masters in Dental Surgery
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- MDS Endodontics
All of the above MDS programs require 3 years of hard studies.
Some other diploma courses in dentistry
- Diploma in Dental Assistant
- Diploma in Dental Mechanics
- Diploma in Dental Technician
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
- Diploma in Dental Operating Room Assistant
- PG Diploma in Dental Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Dental Hygiene
These are 2-year diploma course programs that some may choose as an alternative to the MDS program.
Also, there are some other alternative short-term courses available after completion of BDS. The tenure of these courses is of 6 to 12 months for getting specialization in a particular field.
Lastly, if you want to become a dental surgeon, there is a lot of hard work required especially in your academics. you must study hard in your 10+2 science subjects. Your grades are an important key aspect of choosing your favorite dentistry course. You should also interact with local dentist Bendigo for tips related to this profession.