A dental bridge is an ideal method for replacing missing teeth. A bridge comprises two crowns on either side of the gap in your smile, with a pontic (false tooth) in the middle. The pontic is attached to the crowns with dental bridges. Dental bridges Sydney are one of the most common types of dental restoration and are used to restore function, beauty, and symmetry to the smile.
There are various dental bridges available, including traditional fixed bridges, cantilever bridges, resin-bonded bridges, and implant-supported bridges. The ideal type of bridge for you will depend on your individual needs and situation.
- Traditional fixed bridges are the most common type of bridge. They are anchored to the teeth on either side of the gap with dental bridges. This type of bridge is very sturdy and can last many years with proper care.
- Cantilever bridges are used when there are no teeth on one side of the gap. Instead, the bridge is anchored to a tooth on one side and attached to a false tooth or implant on the other side.
- Resin-bonded bridges are made of porcelain fused to metal. They are used when there are no teeth on each side of the gap, but good oral hygiene is an issue. These bridges require special care during brushing and flossing to prevent stains that reduce their beauty.
- Implant-supported bridges are the most permanent type of bridge. They are anchored to implants that have been placed in the jawbone. This type of bridge is very sturdy and can last many years with proper care.
If you have already got bridges and think there is any problem or issue with them, then some simple fixes can be done. You may need to replace the dental bridges due to decay or damage. If you have lost a dental bridge for any reason, you may want to talk to your dentist about getting permanent implants placed in your jawbone if they are an option for you.
Many people are a little scared to maintain dental bridges as they require special care. However, you can do this by simply brushing and flossing correctly, just as you would with your natural teeth.
Maintaining your dental bridges is essential for keeping your smile looking its best and preserving your teeth’ function.
If you consider getting dental bridges, be sure to talk to your cosmetic dentist to see if they are right for you.
Advantages of dental bridges
There are various advantages of dental bridges, including the following:
- Dental bridges can improve your smile and appearance.
- Dental bridges can fill in the gaps caused by missing teeth.
- Dental bridges can help to keep your teeth aligned correctly.
- Dental bridges include restoring the natural appearance of teeth, improving function, and preventing tooth misalignment. Dental bridges are an excellent option for missing one or more teeth.
Why think about it?
Whether you have cosmetic dentistry done for aesthetic reasons or to enhance your oral health, it will make you feel more confident in your smile. And that’s what it’s all about.
If you are considering dental bridges, be sure to consult with a cosmetic dentist to see if they are right for you.